Hey Honey, Save Me Some MoneyCouponing will never go out of style. But clipping coupons from the morning paper is for your grandma, and manually hunting for online coupons is for the birds. Let me introduce you to your new best friend, Honey. Honey is an app and browser extension that helps you find coupon codes while you shop. The app automatically applies the coupons you choose at checkout, saving you valuable time and money. The app supports popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and over 40,000 sites, including Amazon, Nike, Sephora, and Expedia. “Honey is here to help. We give everyone the tools it takes to find the best savings, perks, and all around value. And we make them free and easy-to-use. So you can always spend with confidence.” Source: Honey
How to Save Money with HoneyHoney scans the items in your cart while you shop, and searches for relevant coupon codes. When the app finds a code, it gets applied automatically, so you get to save dollah bills without having to hunt down a coupon and enter it yourself at checkout. Let’s walk through this:
- Shop on one of your favorite websites. Let’s shop together at Domino’s, because I’m hungry.
- In Safari, you can see already that Honey has discovered eleven coupons for Domino’s. Yay! Pizza and a discount!
- Now we have a choice to either select and copy the coupon we want to use right away or keep shopping as usual. Let’s keep shopping, and let Honey do the work.
- When we’re ready to check out, we just click the Honey extension icon and select the coupon we want, then click Apply Coupons.
- Honey will automatically apply the coupons for us. No coupon hunting, no copy-and-pasting, no scribbling on a sticky note, and — thank God — no attempts to remember the coupon code. Honey does it all for us, saving us valuable time — meaning our pizza will arrive sooner. #winning
- At this point, we just complete our purchase as usual and wait for our pizza.